Fostering digital citizenship through global collaborative projects
OUR MISSION AND VISION
« Global connectedness can enable new knowledge building communities in which children and adults around the globe collaborate on projects and learn from one another. These efforts require new multicultural, multilingual and multimodal approaches to learning »
Negroponte, Resnik and Cassell (1999)
- Engage youth in activities based on PBL :A successful pedagogy where the learner has a voice
- Help learners acquire 21st century skills to advance civically
- Empower students and teachers with effective use of technology and with a curriculum based on the values of tolerance, global citizenship, connectedness, and openness.
PBL EDUCATIONAL OUTCOMES
- ICT : media /technological literacy
- Cognitive : critical thinking/ Problem solving
- Interpersonal : Communication/ Social/ collaboration/Cross-cultural / leadership
ATTITUDES : willingness to act,compassion,empathy
KNOWLEDGE : facts,information
VALUES: tolerance, global citizenship, connectedness,and openness
- Encourage the project approach in all subjects taught in schools to enhance technology and foster the values of citizenship, democracy and tolerance between young people and their openness onto other cultures .
- Engage in educational projects of the « International Education and Resource Network » (iEARN)
- Incite both students and teachers to work and communicate using new technologies.
- Train teachers in using digital resources and in using online projects, thus empowering teachers with competences allowing professional development.
- Reach out to teachers across the country with a focus on underprivileged areas.
- Partner with associations and NGO to unite efforts in spreading ICTE .
- Engage in UN Millenium Development Goals through online projects.